The Different Factors that Affect Dental Implant Cost
Dentist in Irving, TX
Dental implants have proven time and again to be the most worthwhile investment in dentistry to replacing missing teeth. A variety of factors will contribute to your dental implant cost at our Irving, TX, practice. The overall cost will be determined by the number of implants you need, fees for sedation, any necessary preparatory procedures, and any medication you may need during the healing period. Dr. John Lee or Dr. Joshua Lee will discuss the costs with you during a consultation at Kids & Grownups Dental and answer all your questions so you have a complete understanding of what is involved. Our knowledgeable staff can also explain financing options that can help you efficiently plan and budget for dental implant treatment.
Dental Implant Investment
There are a variety of restorations that can resolve tooth loss. But dental implants are the only permanent solution offered in the dental industry to replace missing teeth. They are also the only tooth replacement solution that can stimulate the jawbone in the same way as natural tooth roots, which can prevent bone degeneration.
Although the upfront cost is more than a traditional dental bridge or denture, dental implants should be viewed as an investment into your long-term oral health.
Although the upfront cost is more than a traditional dental bridge or denture, dental implants should be viewed as an investment into your long-term oral health. Compared to traditional restorations, implant-supported restorations can last you a lifetime. Other benefits include:
- Helping to maintain the natural shape of your face
- Helping to prevent further tooth loss
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Strong like natural tooth roots, allowing you enjoy your favorite foods
Factors that Affect Dental Implant Cost
- Doctor’s Qualifications: Because the placement of dental implants is crucial to the long-term success of your restoration, it is important to review the level of experience and expertise of the doctor when choosing a dentist to perform your dental implant surgery. Although costs will increase for someone more experienced, a qualified dentist such as Dr. John Lee or Dr. Joshua Lee will ensure successful results. At Kids & Grownups Dental, we provide complete implant services from dental implant surgery and restoration placement all under one roof, making care more convenient and affordable for our patients.
- Preparatory Treatment: During your initial consultation, your doctor will determine if there is any gum degeneration or bone loss. In such cases, you may require gum grafting, bone grafting, or sinus lift surgery before dental implants can be placed. This will increase the overall cost of your procedure but ensure the long-term success of your implants.
- Number of Implants: The cost for a single implant versus implant placement for an entire row of teeth will be less. However, in most cases, a full arch of teeth can be replaced with just four to six dental implants.
- Type of Restoration: We partner with a state-of-the-art dental lab to customize your implant-supported dental crown, bridge, or denture. The type of restoration designed and the materials used will all contribute to the overall cost. A single dental crown will cost less than a full-arch denture.
- Anesthesia: If you desire sedation in addition to local anesthetic, we can provide it. In such cases, this will be an additional cost to your treatment plan.
Dental Implant Financing
Typically, dental insurance does not cover implant treatment. But because we believe you deserve the best dental care, we try to make it as affordable as possible. At Kids & Grownups Dental, we accept all major credit cards and offer affordable financing options including CareCredit®, LendingClub®, and SimplePay™ to help you manage dental care costs.
Meet with Dr. John Lee or Dr. Joshua Lee
Dental implants are one of the best investments you can make in your oral health. If you are interested in learning more about dental implants and the related costs, contact our practice today to schedule your consultation with one of our skilled doctors.