Implant-Supported Dentures: A Complete Tooth Loss Solution
Dentist in Irving, TX
Patients who are missing many teeth or even an entire dental arch can restore the appearance and function of their smiles with implant-supported dentures. This restoration provides better stability and has greater oral health benefits than traditional dentures. The doctors at Kids and Grownups Dental in Irving, TX, believe that cost should not prohibit their patients from receiving the best possible care; as a result, our office offers CareCredit®, Lending Club®, and SimplePayTM financing to help with any out-of-pocket costs you may incur. Each of these financing plans allows you to make affordable, monthly payments so treatment is immediate and easily accessible.
What are Implant-Supported Dentures?
Traditional dentures used to be the only option available to patients wanting to replace their missing teeth, but with the introduction of implants into the dental industry, patients today can restore their smiles with implant-supported dentures. This restoration combines both dental implants and dentures to create a superior tooth replacement solution. Depending on the severity of tooth loss, four to six implants are surgically inserted into the upper or lower jawbone. These implants fuse with jawbone tissues to provide a solid foundation for a customized denture.
Who is a Candidate for Implant-Supported Dentures?
Candidates for implant-supported dentures should have sufficient jawbone tissue and enjoy otherwise sound oral health. When bone degeneration has occurred as a result of significant tooth loss, it can cause complications with your dental implants. Patients who have insufficient jawbone tissue to support a dental implant may be required to undergo bone grafting prior to receiving dental implants in order to promote healthy regeneration and provide adequate support. Dr. Lee may also recommend tooth extraction and gum grafting as part of your treatment plan, if necessary.
Traditional dentures used to be the only option available to patients wanting to replace their missing teeth, but with the introduction of implants into the dental industry, patients today can restore their smiles with implant-supported dentures.
Implant-supported dentures are best suited for patients:
- Who have significant tooth loss in their upper or lower jaw
- With solid bone density
- Looking for an alternative to traditional dentures
- With good oral health, and who are committed to healthy oral hygiene habits
Receiving Your Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures first require you to undergo dental implant placement. Once you have fully recovered from surgery in approximately four to six month, Dr. Lee will attach the abutments. These small connectors provide a solid base for your denture. Following this, impressions of your teeth and gums will be taken and sent to a dental lab, where our lab technicians can create a natural-looking restoration that will be a precise fit. When the restoration is completed, Dr. Lee will affix it to your implants.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures provide a host of benefits when compared to traditional dentures, including:
- Natural-looking restoration: Implant-supported dentures will be fabricated to match the color, size, and shape of your remaining teeth so as provide realistic results.
- Improved comfort: Traditional dentures rest directly on the gums and can shift and slide, causing irritation and uncomfortable sores. Implant-supported dentures remain in place, providing better comfort when chewing and speaking.
- Peace of mind: Often times, traditional dentures can slip off your gums when chewing, or make an awkward clicking sound when speaking. These inconveniences can be eliminated with implant-supported dentures, allowing you to speak and eat with confidence that your restoration will not slip out of place.
- Unlimited diet: Implant-supported dentures are permanently affixed in your mouth and will not be dislodged by certain foods that could compromise traditional dentures.
- Better oral health: Because the implants replace your natural tooth roots, ongoing jawbone stimulation is provided, thus preventing bone and gum recession and promoting better oral health.
Restore Your Brilliant Smile
If you are looking for a lasting solution to complete tooth loss, you could greatly benefit from implant-supported dentures. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Lee today by contacting us online or calling (972) 255-4164.